Monday, August 1, 2011

A Break in Travels: Europe Ye Will Be Missed!

That's right.  I'm coming back to the US for a limited time only so get your Em-fix while you can!  After nearly a year of international travel I am packing my bags once again and flying high over an ocean blue.  I will miss so much about the great continent of Europe but it is time to visit the fam and friends.  There is something about a person that changes with excessive travel.  I have obviously fallen in love with every place I have traveled to, but as much as I miss Finland or Norway or Ireland, I am constantly aware of a stronger urge to go somewhere new.  I keep adding to this list I have created of places I want to visit again, but I'm not sure that I ever will.  The earth is full of fantastical places and given the short time I am allowed to live it seems such a waste to revisit old favorite spots versus discovering new ones.  So recently instead of adding to my list of places to revisit, I have started a new list of places I want to go.  Here's a sample:

The Marble Cathedral of Chile:  It is rather challenging to get to, but anything worth having doesn't come without a bit of effort.

The Great Pyramid of Giza.  Ok it doesn't necessarily have to be the  Pyramid of Giza, any Pyramid will do.  I suppose I just really want to go to Egypt.

New Zealand....mainly the mountains and remote site locations from LOTR.

The Great Barrier Reef.  I will need to take some diving lessons prior to this excursion.  Should be amazing!

This list could continue for page after page.  Needless to say I have years of travel ahead of me, but at the moment I am taking a break from hopping about and intend to stay in Lapland for a year at Capelapland/Hetta Huskies.  http://www.capelapland.com/.  I miss my huskies too much to stay away and plan to return at the end of September.  As for after Lapland, I have no plans at the moment and am open for suggestions!  Also if you are aware of an amazing place on earth that you feel should definitely be on my list...please let me know!!!  In the meantime, see those of you who live in the US in just 2 short days!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment