Saturday, November 6, 2010

Arrival

I am finally in Hetta after 4 days of travel.  I spent one day in Rovaniemi and took the bus up to Hetta this morning.  Luckily my bus driver knew where Hetta Huskies was along the road so I was able to get off right across from my new home.  Once I arrived I met Tim, a British volunteer who is an expert builder or so I’m told.  After that was Hamish, also British, Kierra who is Irish, Lotti who is Belgian, and Martin who I’m not quite sure about.  They all seem pleasant enough though everyone is very tired.  I’m sure I will feel the same once I start work tomorrow.  Lotti seems to be the one in charge of all the guides.  She has been here for 3 winters now so she knows basically everything about the operation of the farm and winter safaris.  She is all business I feel, but I like that.  She showed me around the farm a bit, took me to see the dogs and then we went to the new guide house which is very nice.  I think I am really going to enjoy my time here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mle. Your new home away from home sounds wonderful and a bit chilly. Can't wait to see some pics. Stay warm and enjoy every moment. I love you. Love Mom PS Have u spotted Santa Claus yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear you're enjoying yourself already!

    ReplyDelete