Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1-Traveling to the Last Great Wilderness in Europe

Hello Everyone!

I am starting this blog so that all of my friends and family who are interested in my upcoming adventures can keep tabs on where I'm going, what I'm doing and basically what happens to me over the next 10 months.  Today I depart for London after which I will make the long journey up to Hetta in the Laplands, Finland.  For the next 4 months I will be working as a guide for huskie-sledding in the Enontekio region.  Jealous?  Don't be.  The average temperature during the winter months is -20C.  Brrrrrrr!  But I will have 8 new huskie puppies to keep me warm at night!  I will post an update as soon as I'm settled.  Until then...

Emily the Traveler

6 comments:

  1. I love you Emily. Have a wonderful trip!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a safe and exciting journey - I thought you were going to be at resort with an indoor heated pool, etc. Know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, take care, Uncle Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try again - We wish you safe travels & a healthy, happy experience in Finland. And you thought Iowa was cold!!!!! We will keep in touch with your blog and get info to Grandma. We love you and pray that you have a wonderful experience. Keep in touch with your mom, as I know she will miss you. Lots of love, Carolyn and Gene

    ReplyDelete
  4. EMILY! This is so exactly what you should be doing. You are the perfect travel-blogger. I can't wait to read all about the huskies and THE NORTHERN LIGHTS (i still hate you).

    Tell Santa hi for me, and make sure he knows I want Alan Tudyk and an Avatar-dragon for Christmas. Either is fine. : )

    HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy every minute of it! Be safe, but stay adventurous! :) Have a safe trip and keep us posted! I Want to see pictures of the puppies!Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mle, Let me know how reindeer tastes. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete