Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 1: My How the Time Flies

Today is the first day I have felt normal in some time now.  Apart from achilles tendinitis, I am adjusting to the work schedule fairly rapidly.  Every day is different from the one before but one thing is very consistent...I love it here!  It is a winter wonderland to the T and the experiences I have had in my first week pose great expectations for the months ahead.  Time is moving a bit slow at the moment since I am still trying to adjust to the weather and the work but I know by the time I leave it will feel as if I arrived only yesterday.

At the moment things are a bit hectic because Anna and Pasi (the owners of Hetta Huskies) are acquiring an additional husky farm that is in pretty rough shape.  This means more work for all of us as we are now trying to manage two farms with clients arriving in only 2 weeks!  It is difficult but immensely enjoyable at the same time.  By far sledding/training is my favorite part of the day.  It is a great way for me to interact with the dogs and really learn all of their different characters.  Right now Bino and Atlas are my favorite dogs but I have only been here 1 week so I am trying to give everyone an opportunity to win the spot of Emily's Favorite Husky.  I am also learning how to cross country ski at the moment which I think I am really going to form an attachment to.  It is just so nice to be in a place with a real winter season!

I feel like I have so many things to tell you all about, but I am too exhausted to think of them!  I promise my next post will have a bit more detail but for now I am going to head home and start cooking some grub for the 9 guides that are now here!  Much love to everyone and check back for an update soon!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Great to have an update. Sounds like you are enjoying your new surroundings and loving the dogs. I have never done the sledding, but have enjoyed cross country skiing. We are to have snow in northern Iowa tonight. Winter will be coming here soon. We just pray it is not a repeat of last year. Raining, cold here today. So, been inside making soup & mac & tomatoes to take to Grandma. Sent her your blog info and will take this with me next week. We enjoy your updates and think of you every day. Take care - stay healthy, happy, safe and warm. Look forward to your next post. We love you Emily Marie!! Carolyn Gene Grandma too!!! Smiles!!

    ReplyDelete